st. peter's church of coupland (ucc)

"The Church on the Hill with a Heart as Big as Texas"

PO Box 146   /   108 Wathen, Coupland, TX. 78615     512-856-2433

Cemetery

The earliest recorded burials in Coupland were 1891.  In 1910, St. Peter's Church purchased two acres of land from O.R. and Johanna Speckels for the establishment of a church cemetery.  In 1913, the heirs of R. Aschen donated their adjacent family burial plot to the church.  Additional parcels of land were conveyed by the Speckels family in 1932, 1944 and 1945.

    St. Peter's Church Cemetery is eligible for designation as a State Historical Cemetery, and we are preparing the documentation to submit to the Texas Historical Commission.

    The St. Peter's Cemetery Committee oversees the maintenance of the cemetery, sells plots and keeps records.  Maintenance costs are paid from interest earned on proceeds from the sale of cemetery plots.  Unfortunately, this small amount of income doesn't cover the mowing the grass.

Contact the Church office (512.856.2433) for information concerning burials at the cemetery.